WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN THE DOUGLAS CHAMBER OF COMMERCE?
DOUGLAS CHAMBER ENCOURAGES MEMBERS AND BUSINESSES TO EMBRACE REGIONAL COLLABORATION AND COMPETITION
We encourage Port Douglas businesses to join our Douglas’ innovative and diverse business culture.
Being a member of the Chamber enables individual businesses to harness the support and advice of their business peers when presented with matters of opportunity, concern and importance.
THE CHAMBER IS AN ACTIVE POINT OF CONTACT FOR BUSINESSES FROM OUTSIDE DOUGLAS TO INTERACT WITH MEMBERS
A strong Port Douglas region and a flourishing economy has flow on effects, including positive business confidence, better employment conditions, and a strong and diverse economy which ultimately helps create a more attractive lifestyle for local residents and visitors.
✓ we help identify opportunities for growth
✓ we help bridge the gap between business & government
✓ we can also provide letters of support for an array of programs
✓ we are a source of broad knowledge & understanding of local business through working groups
✓ we are a contact point for external businesses seeking to invest in the region
✓ receive special offers and discounts for member offers and events
✓ expand your professional and business network
✓ stay informed
✓ build new contacts and develop new ideas
✓ we can help lobby Government for you
✓ we facilitate negotiations
✓ we provide advertising and marketing opportunities
✓ we promote members through our social media accounts and digital presence
✓ we host workshops, forums & training
1. Membership is payable at the time of application submission.
2. Membership is confirmed once your completed application form and payment has been approved at the next Chamber Committee meeting (held the first Monday of each month except for Public Holidays when the meeting is generally held on the Tuesday)
3. Membership approval is at the discretion of the Executive Committee.
4. If the membership application is not approved, payment will be refunded.
5. Membership is valid from 1 January to 31 December of each calendar year.
6. Prior to your annual membership renewal, an invoice will be sent to the primary contact which is payable prior to the membership expiry date.
7. Membership may be cancelled if payment is not received within 30 days of the membership renewal date.
8. Should you cancel your membership at any stage during your membership year, a refund will not be given.
9. Membership is corporate and is non-transferable.
10. Please notify the Secretary of the Committee of any changes to your contact details to ensure your membership benefits are available to you.
11. We reserve the right to alter the services available to members at any time.
12. Changes to this Disclaimer are made at the discretion of the Executive Committee and may be made without prior written notice to existing members. Changes are updated here.